Beulah Grove Baptist Church
Vision: From The Cradle To The Grave
Mission: Seek, Save, Support, Shape and Serve
Rev. Dr. Sam Davis
Dr. Davis is a native of Barnwell, South Carolina and is married to the lovely Beverly M. Davis. He has provided unparalleled service to the Beulah Grove Baptist Church. Under his leadership, the Church has made significant progress.
Over 5,000 members have been added to the Church during his pastorate. Over 85+ active ministries have been developed that foster personal growth and development, and promote a sense of service to people. Such ministries include:
- A Substance Abuse Recovery ministry for individuals and family members who have been affected by alcoholism and other drug addictions;
- A Health Care Ministry that conducts blood pressure screenings and annual health fairs, facilitates health education programs and conducts hospital visitations;
- A Golden Agers ministry that provides life enrichment activities for senior citizens.
- A comprehensive Christian Education Division which includes added member orientation, Sunday school, weekly bible studies, special conferences, trainings and workshops;
- Children’s Church Ministry, Youth Ministry, Men and Women Ministries, Security Ministry, Music/Worship Arts and more.
Moreover, the Beulah Grove membership purchased and renovated a former notorious nightclub for the purposes of converting it into a community resource center. In 2004, Beulah Grove Baptist Church partnered with Broadway Baptist Church (Augusta, GA) to co-sponsor and organize the United Neighborhood Federal Credit Union (UNFCU). The vision of the credit union is: “Empowering Communities Toward Financial Freedom.” Dr. Davis serves as the Chairman of the Board for the UNFCU.
Dr. Davis is the Founder and CEO/Chairman of the Board for 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations: The Beulah Grove Community Resource Center, Inc. (Augusta, Georgia) and the 30901 Development Corporation, Inc. (Augusta, Georgia). These organizations have established programs and services for the community which include a primary care medical center, case management services, youth services, Summer Explosion (an enrichment program for children in K5 – 8th grades), financial planning workshops, home ownership training seminars, housing developments, and more.
Under Dr. Davis’ leadership, the Beulah Grove Baptist Church established an aggressive evangelism campaign that includes a multi-media initiative of radio (97.9 FM WIIZ) and television (WJBF Channel 6) ministries and social media.
In 2005, Beulah Grove hosted the first annual Vision Builders National Conference. The conferences brought together experts from several different disciplines (i.e., healthcare, government, church, community development, labor) to provide fundamental building blocks for the foundation of personal, family and community self-sufficiency.
Dr. Davis is the author of:
- When the Multitude Comes: A Guide to Organizing a Growing Church (Textbook and Workbook), 2001;
- Strategies to Develop Kingdom Citizens (Textbook and Workbook), 2002;
- The New Millennium Deacon (Textbook and Workbook), 2003;
- Building Capacity to Build the Kingdom (Textbook and Workbook) with Min. Valerie Jackson, 2004;
- From a Sheep’s Perspective, 2005.
He graduated from Voorhees College (Denmark, South Carolina) where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. He also attended Morehouse School of Religion (Atlanta, Georgia) where he was awarded a Master’s Degree in Clinical Education and Pastoral Counseling; and attended the Columbia Theological Seminary (Decatur, Georgia) where he obtained a Doctorate of Ministry. He later secured basic and advanced units in Clinical Pastoral Education from Fort Gordon (Augusta, GA) and Georgia Regional Hospital (Augusta, GA) and the University Hospital (Augusta, Georgia).
Current and past professional memberships include: Baptist Ministers Morning Conference (Augusta, GA); Board of Directors, Downtown Ministries, Inc. (Augusta, GA); Interdenominational Minister’s Association (Augusta, GA); NAACP, South Carolina Chapter; Beulah Lodge #186; Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.; The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
Current instructor and faculty positions for the General Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia include: State Congress of Christian Education and 10th District Congress of Christian Education.
Dr. Davis has received numerous military and academic honors, awards and various appointments including the opportunity to serve as Regional Vice Chair for the 1999 Black Church Economic Summit Advisory Council, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and as a faculty-staff member for the Congress of Christian Education, National Baptist Convention, USA.
Of all the characteristic-traits demonstrated by Dr. Davis, none is more outstanding than his ability to explain the truths of Scripture and bring forth the reality of God’s Word and how it should be applied to one’s daily life.
Beulah Grove Baptist Church, 1434 Poplar Street
Augusta, Georgia 30901 Phone: 706-724-1086
BGBC ~ Copyright © 2020 | All Rights Reserved